Today is Student’s Day at the Fair; Students 16 and under are admitted free! But we hope they bring along their parents for some fun, too! The Upstate booth, located in the Science and Industry building has a full line up of services to appeal to kids and their parents alike!
- 11 AM the Doctor Is In! Stop by to say hello to Dr. Sadowitz from Golisano After Hours Care. Located at Upstate’s Community Campus, this first-ever after-hours-care-for-kids program offers a welcome alternative to the ER for kids from birth through age 21. Listen to this Healthlink on Air interivew to learn more. Their staff will be on hand all day to answer your questions, and of course have great goodies!
- Golisano Children’s Hospital- Syracuse’s only children’s hospital will be on hand to answer your questions.
- Margaret L. Williams Developmental Evaluation Center, which is part of the Children’s Hospital, will describe the signs and symptoms of Autism and Asperger’s disorder. They will also bring along the Kidspeak Puppet workshop just for kids!
- Safe Kids, led by Upstate, is a grass root coalition that advocates and educates to prevent unintentional injuries of children 14 and under. Learn about child safety and injury prevention risk areas.
- Health Sciences Library and the Family Resource Center. Did you know you have the library of an Academic Medical Center, with it’s helpful staff of highly trained librarians ready to help you find health information? Learn how to find reliable information about drugs, therapies, treatments and more on the internet and from community resources.
See you at the Fair!