What a great summer day to open the State Fair! We love seeing so many smiling faces and always welcome the opportunity to educate fair-goers on the services available at Upstate! Thanks to all who stopped by.
We hosted our first Doctor is In with Dr. Mark Polhemus. He took questions from the crowd and we learned more about clinical trials. Upstate has research studies to prevent and cure diseases ranging the gamut from Dengue Fever (yes, the mosquitos carrying this currently untreatable disease are here in the US) to strokes, cancer and diabetes.
You can check out some of the action from the morning on our Twitter feed where there’s live tweets from the Doctor is In as well as some photos!
Here’s tomorrow’s line-up:
- 11 AM the Doctor is In – Dr. Christine Stork and Lee Livermore from the Upstate Poison Center will be in the hot seats answering your questions about accidental poisoning and poision prevention with the look-alike display, information on current drugs of abuse and new dosing guidelines for children’s medications. The Upstate Poison Center also deals with prescription drug overdoses. Learn more in this interview with Michele Caliva.
- Upstate Poison Center – Will be there all day to answer questions on the above topics.
- Upstate Emergency Medicine – When you have an injury or a sudden illness is it time for a trip to the ER? Check in with the Emergency Medicine experts and learn more about the emergency and urgent care options available here in CNY.
- Upstate Orthopedics – Learn about OrthoNOW! that provides pediatric and adult immediate care for sprains, breaks, dislocations, and sports injuries. No appointments are necessary.
- Advanced Practice Services – What’s a NP and PA? Learn why they are important to you, and get more information about the Affordable Care Act. You can learn more about the role of a Physician Assistant from this recent Healthlink On Air Interview.