Appointments are already underway for the annual “Get Health Connected” event, which takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community School, 416 E. Raynor Ave. in Syracuse. Upstate Connect is handling appointments and arranging transportation. Call 315-464-8668.
The event, sponsored by a voluntary consortium of Central New York health agencies and hospitals including Upstate University Hospital, will provide help enrolling in public health insurance and important information about the Affordable Care Act. In addition, a pharmacist will be on hand to review medications, and attendees will receive help for quitting smoking.
A variety of health tests will be offered, including:
* blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes tests,
* lung function,
* screening for breast, prostate and colorectal cancers,
* vision and glaucoma testing,
* testing for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus and other sexually transmitted diseases, and
* screening for peripheral artery disease.
“Get Health Connected” offers door prizes, free foods, free parking and free transportation from select locations. Call 315-464-8668 for details.