Celebrate National Public Health Week this week by participating in these activities and events that are open to the public. The lectures on Tuesday through Thursday will be available on line.
* Monday, April 7 from noon to 12:30 p.m. walk a “Monday Mile,” starting in front of Hendricks Chapel on the Syracuse University Campus.
* Monday, April 7 from 12:30 to 1 p.m. registered dietitian Lisa Thomas speaks about Mindful Eating at SU’s Bird Library
* Tuesday, April 8 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Dr. Kaushal Nanavati speaks about “Wellness and Self Care” in room 2231 of Weiskotten Hall on the Upstate campus. (Webinar link: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/404465625 ) Nanavati is an assistant professor of family medicine and the director of integrative medicine at Upstate.
* Wednesday, April 9 from noon to 1 p.m. Dr. Donna Bacchi provides “Tips for Keeping Your Food Safe and Yourself Healthy.” She is an associate professor and chair of public health and preventive medicine and the director of the master’s in public health program. Her talk is in room 2510 of Setnor Academic Building on the Upstate campus. (Webinar link: : https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/341492769 )
* Thursday, April 10 from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Martha Wojtowycz, PhD speaks about “The Affordable Care Act: What Does the Evidence Say?” in room 2231 of Weiskotten Hall. She is an associate professor in obstetrics and gynecology and public health and preventive medicine. (Webinar link: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/560303585 )
* Friday, April 11 from noon to 1:15 p.m., try NIA, a mind, body and spirit exercise that incorporates yoga, dance, Tai Chi and martial arts. Instructor Elin Adams leads the class in rooms 3509 and 3510 of the Setnor Academic Building.
* Friday, April 11 from noon to 1 p.m., a panel of local public health leaders will have a discussion in the 9th floor auditorium of Weiskotten Hall.