Some of the best gifts for a person facing a medical crisis are simple, with a “thinking of you” message, and many Central New Yorkers with giving spirits make such donations to Upstate University Hospital.
If you would like to donate something to patients at the Upstate Cancer Center, contact Matt Capogreco at 315-464-3605 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To donate to patients at the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital, contact Margaret Nellis at 315-464-7547 or email@example.com (all donation ideas must be approved).
Some examples of recent gifts that were well received:
* New teddy bears, donated to children at the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital by State Police Sgt. Jeff Cicora of Baldwinsville, who has a rare form of cancer.
* Adult coloring books, donated by Adam Thomson of Cazenovia. The books were collected for his bar mitzvah.
* Totes, bags and pillows from Thirty-One Gifts, donated by a variety of Central New York consultants.
* Comfort items that stock a cart made available to outpatients and inpatients. Brandon Spillett of Syracuse receives monetary donations through his organization Room 2 Smile, and the funds pay for playing cards, puzzle books, greeting cards and personal care items for the cart.
* Hats and caps, 400 of which were donated by students from Norwich Elementary School.
* Blankets, donated by Central New York Subaru dealers and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Are you grateful?
There are many ways to make donations to the Upstate Cancer Center and the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital. For details, contact the Upstate Foundation at 315-464-4416.